Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Old Ovation Magnum on E'bay...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by teacherguy, Jan 31, 2005.

1. teacherguy

teacherguy

Feb 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
  2. Dang how I want to pound that thing through some 18's or 15's...

3. phatcactus

phatcactus

Apr 2, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Just so y'all know, I'm putting a Terrifying Voodoo Curse™ on whoever owns that bass. The curse will remain in effect until I get my hands on it (or one of its kind) for a super-good price.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

4. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    I've got it's later "brother". Played it in the 80's and I can tell you that Ovation was absolutely STUPID for not continuing to build that fine line (magnum). They are without doubt some of the finest basses I have had the pleasure of playing. They sound like a million bucks. I played mine through a Traynor 250 watt amp with 2 2X15 cabs and it never let me down once. I checked out the one on the 'bay and it looks almost too good to be true. It looks as though it has never been played! The price seems a little high - Most go for around $500 but none are in this pristine condition...hell, even the case looks brand new! Oh...if the seller is correct that it still has the original strings on it, the buyer will probably want to change them out!!!!!! I mean, I don't think that 25 year old strings would sound too fresh........

5. i don't want the bass, just that huge neck pickup...i bet that sounds good!