Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Old Peavey

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pharmecopia, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    okay, can someone help me identify the year this amp was made?

[​IMG]

its a peavey mark III combo (1x15). it was my uncles, and he just gave it to me. i estimated 1978, but i have no idea. also, anyone played these? any help would be great.

2. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    heres another shot

[​IMG]

3. hahaha !!

i used to have one too !! they sound great !

130w combo with one paper 15" speaker..
    the only think i didn't like about it was the flimsy
    cloth in front of the speaker..

mine was from 1977, the manufacturing date is on the back of the amp, dude.. just below the serial number.

4. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    well, i think its 77...theres no clear date though. yes, i do agree that the cloth is very flemsy, but i love it. i saved me a lotta cash too, hehe. im still rolling the old sucker' to gigs. its in mint condition, but i had to replace some parts. still sounds great. :)

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I have one too, except that it's TNT-130 combo. IIRC the manufacturing year was something like '84 or '74.

Still sounds load better than that $200 I could get by selling it, so I'm keeping it as secondary amp :cool:

6. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    I still use a Peavey TNT-130 with a B/W speaker. I couldn't STAND the thing until I found the owner's manual online and found the "recommended settings". Now I have a great "funk" setting that, if I never got the amp replaced, I'd be just fine with.

But I wouldn't say no to a new 2x10 combo...

7. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    i dig the sound i get from it, but im planning on getting an eden rig next year, so look out gard.;)