1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Old Practice Recordings

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Groover, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    We had a short term no-name 4-piece band and we recorded some pretty bad practice sets with an mp3 player just so we could listen back to them later and critique/comment on them.

Since then, the band has become a three piece set and we play none of the songs from the temporary 4-piece set.

The one member whom is no longer with the band, is now using the old recordings AND pictures of us to promote her own work.

This was all done without anyone else's permission.

Is there a way to politely/legally have her remove the pics and recordings from her site? One of band members has already tried, but I think there was some dispute in the matter, so I'm being asked to see if I can take care of this (I'm the more level headed guy... I suppose)

Any advice?

Thanks.

2. put her pictures and phone number in the craigslist personal ads.

works every time.

3. mikethecannibal

mikethecannibal

Jan 19, 2008
    erie pa
    +1 see how she likes that

4. other than a never-ending flame war, I think the only thing left is to just let it go and safeguard material more closely this time around.

5. Inflin

Inflin

Apr 30, 2007
    Newcastle, UK/Currently London
    Affiliated with Genelec, Avalon Design.
    This is wise.

First, though, I would contact her, and politley say that it's not too fair of her to do it, and assure her you will make it known that she has been known to "borrow" material. Nobody likes that kinda thing.

But since you don't play the songs anymore, and I assume you don't intend to, if that fails, just take it as a lesson learned and protect your new stuff a bit more.

6. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Well, problems solved. I guess whatever my band mate said must have made sense in the end, and she just took the material off...

Thanks for the advice anyway.