1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Old reader, new poster

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by MePeanuts, Aug 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MePeanuts

MePeanuts

Aug 9, 2017
    Hello,

I'm a bass player from Brittany (Western part of France, sorry for potential grammar mistakes), and I've already read a lot of threads on TB during the last few years when looking for useful advice/ reviews before buying new gear.

I mostly play rock/ funk in an amateur band on a Fender US "long horn" JB from '89 and a MM Stingray from early 00s, and sometimes acoustic stuff (blues, bluegrass, folk, swing) on a Boulder Creek EBR3 (love that one, discovered thanks to TB !). I also have two fretless basses (a Matsumoto PB from the 70s and a fretless acoustic Ibanez AEB10) though I don't use them with the band.

Now I consider buying a 6 string bass (don't want to die as a virgin :)), and I'm still making some research (Ibanez BTB or maybe SRFF ?).

Happy to join and post for the first time (not exactly I've already commented a thread on the last Ibanez BTB premium).
    Cheers

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  2. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

Welcome.

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!