1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Old reliable, solid state, american made amps

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jbybj, Mar 23, 2009.

1. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Hi there,

Are you a young lad or las, not much extra cash, and you need to make a big, relatively high fidelity bass noise? Don't go waste you money on some new cheesy combo, I've got just what you need. Take your pick, both from the early 80's. A Carvin B2000, (you can go to the carvin museum to get more info). A stylish, clean, big, loud 125 watt into 4 ohm classic Carvin amp. $100. Also for your perusal, a Dean Markley RM-150-SB. Another reliable, decent sounding solid state head. $100. These would be ideal for some young punk or shoe gazer who wouldn't be caught dead at the party with a Behrin**r nameplate. I know what your thinking, "what good is an amp without a speaker?" This is where you can really score, my new friend. For I also have an outstanding EVM 15L, that's a classic electrovoice 15 inch monster, just like the one I have been playing happily through for the last 30 years. The "L" indicates that this is the guitar version, meaning it has a better high frequency extension compared to the 15B. Punchy, big, and bright, for a 15 that is. $150. Oh yeah, the speaker is being stored in a cabinet, that you can have as well. I am not including the cabinet in the sale price, because, even though it appears well made, plywood and all, at excessive volumes it has a rattle. If I rest my foot on the lower left front the rattle stops, and it would very likely be masked by a decent snare drum, you get the picture. But I just can't justify asking any money for the cab. The speaker is most definitely worth the $150. I bought the speaker 3 or 4 years ago on ebay, as a backup to the aforementioned 30 year old work horse. It was reportedly reconed, and put away as a spare for a venue in Ohio. The venue closed, and I have barely put enough time on this speaker to get it broken in. I live in the L.A. area and I'm not interested in shipping this stuff. Frankly it's just not worth it. But if you would like to come check it out in Burbank on your lunch break, or after school, let me know.818 402-2718. Bring your bass, decide which head you like best, and for $250 total you have a spiffy, old school, reliable bass rig. Guaranteed to kick butt on any Rumble or ultrabass. Thanks, James

Attached Files:

2. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    Correction, that Carvin is from '74, even more vintage than previously thought!
    http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/74-bassamps.html

Still a fair price and if I didn't need a new case and amp cover, I'd be all over one of these and offer to pay for packing and shipping...so bump!

3. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    O.K., I 'll reconsider shipping the heads, even the speaker, but not the cab. Otherwise known as a bump.

4. Used to own the same dean markley head when I was younger, I remember it was pretty cool.

5. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    PM sent on the Dean

6. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    thank you TB community. Dean Markley head is sold.