1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Old School Seymour Duncan PJ Active set (dip switches)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by RedLeg, Jan 12, 2012.

1. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    Hello all
    Here is a mid 80's set of active Seymour Duncan PJ pickups. There are 3 dip switches on the pickups. If memory serves me the switches are bass boost, treble boost and resonant frequency peak shift. The res freq shift makes them go "EMG" sounding (really active like). There is no preamp. it is wired vol - vol - tone. There are 3 wires coming from each pickup, white, black, and red. the red goes to the battery.
    Here is the wiring schematic I used

Get the whole kit n kaboodle for $80 shipped to your door. USA Only (HI and AK ok)

*your choice of battery harness or battery box.
    [​IMG]

2. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    bump

3. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    These pickups are killer people. I have a set of them in a early '80s Ibanez and they sound great. Great price and a great TBer to deal with.

4. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    thanks chris. FWIW, they were in my old '85 ibby roadster II. I needed a passive bass, so the Tyler Hendersons went back in.

5. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    better price

6. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    On Hold pending payment

7. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    Incredible pickups ! I have them in my Spector ! I will never change them !

8. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    and theyreoutahere

9. yogione

yogione

Mar 24, 2012
    Hi folks, new to the site... I have a Zion Bass that I bought years back that has this cool set of Duncan PJ active pickups with the dip switches... I have contacted Seymour Duncan for greater explanation of their functions but it was somewhat a mystery for the whoever replied to me. Anyway if a few of you who have these could weigh in with some greater knowledge than I have it would be greatly appreciated! Specifically, which position are the bass boost, treble boost, etc. actually turned on? The exact correlation between the 1-3 switches and their specific function. Thanks very much!
    Yogione

10. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    the switches had a "on" labeled on two of the 3 switches. toward the nut was "on". 1 was bass 2 was treble 3 was freq resonant peak shift AFAIK. I wish I remember who bought them. he was ausie. hopefully he will chime in and clarify.

11. Hi Guys sorry but I have been on holidays and haven't installed them yet so all I really have to go by is what the rest of us have mentioed. there is nothing specific on the net that I have found that has details regaurding dbs or hz in th boost or the res freq shift if that's what you were looking for