1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Old School Traynor Head...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nonfatmatt, Jul 17, 2007.

1. the_crowing

the_crowing

Jul 17, 2007
    Hey Matt, I just signed up on here to tell you to jump on the offer. It's a quite sought-after hidden treasure, the circuitry being quite close to the classic Marshall Plexi. It was voiced for use with bass, but if you play guitar as well, it's a couple simple mods away from being an absolute killer (although it still sounds very good as a stock amp).

That is, if it really is a YBA-1. The ad says it's a 200 watt head, in which case it wouldn't be a YBA-1.

Also, if you're not grabbing it, send it my way... :smug:

2. I can't really see it being anything else, there are no 200watt Traynor tube amps besides the YBA-3. I think the seller just read the UL specs on the back (for the power cord) instead of actually knowing the real deal on it. I'm going to see if I can grab it and I'll post some pics if I do.

3. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Oh man.. I've played through a 67' version of one. GREAT HEAD! The one that I played through was going to get worked over by Dave West.

I want to get a YBA200 and have him mod it for me for more output. That guy is a genius.

4. It's a VERY loud 50 watt head, and can cut it on most gigs. That's no recording only amp. Old Traynors are killer amps, built like tanks and easy to fix; they're also skyrocketing in value. That same amp on eBay could bring $500 easy. I've got a later version of the YBA-1, the YBA-1A, but given the choice, the older ones like the one you're talking about, are better.

Be careful though, you might find out what all the 'vintage people' are so crazy about. ;)

5. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Your not in the vintage club until your license plate ready "TDMTLTU2". :ninja: Its a secret sect.

6. TheB3Nut

TheB3Nut

Apr 26, 2007
    near Madison, WI
    I used to borrow an old Traynor head like that. That thing through two 1x15 cabs made my MIM P sound huge. And it's a loud, punchy 50 watts. P-bass + TI Jazz Flats + Tubes = :bassist: :)

$150? RUN DON'T WALK! :D

Todd in Cheesecurdistan