Old School Video Games ROCK!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by charles21o7, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Ok , this was inspired by the Zombies thread. I am a child of the NES,SNES era and was a huge fan of kick ass games! My personal favs were Final Fantasy 3(5or6 in Japan), Ogre Battle, Ninja Gaiden, Any of the Castlevanias, and Street Fighter II Turbo!!!!!!!!

Anyone else a fan of old school games, this is the thread where you may express your old school geekdom in freedom!!!

Im 26 now, and every now and then i still dust off the SNES and rock some games!
  2. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I don't play video games much anymore but I do remember back in the day haveing Street Fighter. I was always Vega or I think Dhalsim. I forgot his name but its the Indian guy who stretches his arms and legs. American Gladiators was my favorite game when I had Nintendo.
    SEGA anyone?

3. I kicked ass as Sagat or Ken :bassist:
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That said there are some great games today, just as there were some great games back then.

I'm particularly impressed with old school game music. Mainly because it was mostly beeps and boops and older general MIDI, so the composers really had to be creative with how they arranged the tones to make something that added to the game.
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That ain't old school man. Old school is Atari 2600. I used to love playing Pitfall, Frankenstein's Monster, ET, Defender, Space Invaders and Breakout.

brad cook
  6. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I liked all of the Metroids. And most of the Sonics. Mega-man. Chrono Trigger.
  7. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Mega Man Soccer.

Nuff said. :bassist:
  8. Chrono Trigger is the balls!

I just recently got a Gameboy SP, not so much for it being portable, but for the games. I can't wait to play Fable, finally, but I can't wait to find a copy of Golden Sun to play (looks awesome but they didn't have it when I got my Gameboy) I am told it has 2 Metroid games, by a good friend who might be posting here soon (he is a bassist of course) :cool:

Since they don't still make new SNES games, I will go with Gameboy SP, seems about the same..YAY!
  9. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Ditto. And don't forget PONG! :D
  10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the only games i really like besides soul calibur are from the nes-through-snes era.
  11. Battle Toads
    Double Dragon

i LOVE street fighter.. but my favourite character has to be Dan.. To freakin Uber! even if he's not old school..
  12. *Charging Gameboy and digital camera for possilbe weekend road trip-gotta be prepared*
  13. Charge the MP3 player if you have one..
  14. Yeah, definitely my best two guys as well.

16. SNES rocked! I've played them all but I loved the SNES. Some good games:

Royal Rumble
    Street Fighter 2
    Super Mario 3
    Killer Instinct

The one system that my brothers and I never owned was the Neo-Geo. Did anyone own one? What was it like?
  17. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I was a fortress with Guile.
  18. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Double ditto. And don't forget ASTEROIDS! :D

Anyone remember River Raid?
  19. Ahh man, the Mario series, Squaresoft RPGs, Donkey Kong Country, Excitebike, Earthbound, Zelda! Can't go wrong with a good quality game from 1990.