1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Old Seymour Duncan Active EQ "Switch" pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mikeyd74, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
    I've been trying to track down any info on where I might find these pickups. I'm particularly looking for the precision pickup version, not so much the jazz pickup version.
    These pickups featured three switches located on one of the split P pickups itself.
    Any help or additional info would be great.
    Thanks!

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I had a set of the J version. They were the AJJ Lightnig Rods as I recall. No experience with the P version. Duncan's site doesn't list any info I could find for the AJJ. There is a generic Active J and Active P wiring diagram if that is helkful though.

You should probably float your questions over at the Duncan forum on their website. They are pretty responsive in my experience. Straight to the horses mouth might be the better approach here.

3. Jarno

Jarno

Jan 27, 2005
    I have looked into changing the sound of my pickups using a cap in parallel to the pickup, and that's how I came accross these pickups. I have written down the functions of the switches, somewhere. As far as I can remember, one of the switches influences the resonance peak by switching a cap in parallel, one does something with the mids, can't remember the function of the last one.
    Sometimes these are being offered on eBay, but I do have my doubts as to the reliability of the DIP switches, these where never meant to be on the outside of something, let alone be changed regularly.

Best regards,

Jarno.