Old spector?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jonas_oxide, Feb 14, 2006.

1. I found a Spector in a local pawn shop, only it doesn't look like any I have ever seen in person. It is flat. It doesn't have that concave back, and its painted gold. does anybody know which model it could be. I went to the Spector website and couldn't find any pics. it also has 2 soapbars. Its listed at $250 Can. Does this seem worth it? It played alright, the setup wasn't bad, and the intonation seemed ok, but I didn't plug it in.
  2. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    It sounds like a Performance series Spector that's been repainted. Does it look like this one in gold?
  3. nope, looks almost like an Ibanez style body. flat, and the shape of the body doesn't match the shape of any spector I've seen, the lower horn points down and is less rounded than a normal spector (kinda like on some fodera) and the upper horn comes to more of a defined point than the spector as well. Think maybe someone made the body, or sonverted another one to fit the neck, but the thing that ruled out the latter for me was the bolt pattern. you just cant fit a spector neck in an ibanez.
    Anyway, I'm going to look at it again this weekend, maybe I will be able to snap a pic in the pawn shop.