1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Old strings got mad!! Mojo??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Rallypoint_1, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Rallypoint_1

Rallypoint_1 Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Pasadena, California
    I know some feel that strings can carry some mojo. So, after 8 years of my Chromes being on my P I decided to get a set of LaBella 760FL’s.

So, today I cleaned and added a small touch of BLO to the fretboard. You know make it nice for the new guys. Well I re-tuned the strings after I was done the the G string let go. Snapped at the tuner. I was disappointed because I wanted to keep them as a spare. Then I thought...these strings are mad at me. All the years of playing and having fun. I guess it was too much for them. Not to blame them totally but I did tune 1/2 step down a few times. That can make a difference yes?

So I believe now that gear (strings) can carry mojo! How about you guys/gals?

2. Strings don't get mad; they just get tired, worn and cranky... sort of like ME. ;):D

Rallypoint_1 likes this.
  3. Bodeanly

Bodeanly Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    Strings are not capable of anger. It was probably the tuner. Those things are loose cannons after a few drinks.

Rallypoint_1 likes this.
  4. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Clearly an 8 year old string breaking proves the supernatural. Not that metal eventually fails where it's bent and put under tension.

Rallypoint_1 likes this.
  5. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    Gremlin 2. You obviously disturbed the Tuner Gremlins. Being awakened after 8 years does tend to make them... cranky...;)

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If your bass was seafoam green, it would have never happened.

LiquidMidnight likes this.