1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

old strings on a spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by growler571, Aug 31, 2008.

1. growler571

growler571

Sep 19, 2007
    Is it just me or as soon as the strings start to lose some of there new sound on a spector bass it very quickly starts to sound realy crappy. where as on a bass like a passive fender they seem to sound good for a much longer time. Is this because of the active pickups on the spector are pickup up more information from the strings vibration or what? Give me your thoughts comments please.

2. Yep same thing for me. When the strings start to die on the Spector, or any Hi-Fi sounding bass really, the bass starts to sound thin and boomy. Try cleaning your strings with denatured alcohol, it will make the strings good as new. But Spector's sound absolutely amazing when the strings are fresh.

3. growler571

growler571

Sep 19, 2007
    I agree with the guy above its like the strings tone gets this weird midrangey tone but they dont sound full bottomed and crisp anymore