Old Style Berg HT210+15 vrs 322

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Andrew Jones, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass

I used a 425 on a gig a while back and well.........

this 2 ht115 is just not doing it right.Its sortof not going the whole way SO I'M GOING TO BUY A 425!

Because I can,I want the other, extreme snappy slappy modern scoopped, I'm going to either.....

Sell one HT15 and get the 500wtt 210 and use this combo OR

sell bolth and Get a 322.

So whos' A/Bed this ?Could you describe this?

I relieze that the seperates will have the advantage of being used sepperatly and the 322 will have wheels so Iwouldnt have to carry it much.

2. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I own and regularly use all three. The 322 is more articulate and perhaps a bit flatter than the 15/210 stack. But the stack is warmer with a bit more low-end heft. The two options actually sound quite a bit different, all things considered. I consider the 322 more "modern" sounding, fwiw. Good luck.
  3. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I A-B'd a 310 and a 322. I own a HT322 by the way. The 310 and 322 essentially possess the same sweet mids and highs, but the low end on the HT322 was far superior to my ears. The HT322 was tighter, deeper and way more authoritative on the low B string. I could make the 310 choke on the low notes with my Roscoe and F Bass Low B. But NOT the 322. I couldn't make it choke at all on the low notes. It coasts all day long on those low notes without breaking a sweat. Gary
  4. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    The 322 is an amazing cab. I think that it's going to be one of my next purchases. Bergantino quality is just superb. No joke, I think it's the best cab I've ever played through. I think that you have a wonderful idea.

Now, if you decision includes selling an HT115... let me know. I really want to get one, and haven't had luck finding them in the past.

Anyway, 322s kick bootay (not booty, but boo "tay"). If you set one up with a 115... MAN!!!!
  5. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    What about a NV215?
  6. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I own the 210/115 stack and A/Bd against the 322 on a few occasions but only in the store. My impressions are consistent with what boogiebass is saying. The 322 was a little more "polite" and the 210/115 sounded a little bigger (which is what I was looking for and happy to find i already had) but some may equate that with sounding boomier. Both are a joy to play through!
  7. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    How 'bout we all pack up our basses, our BERGANTINO SPEAKER CABS, our heads, and meet somewhere in the middle of the country. We'll have a 'Berg-a-thon" We can hook up EVERYONE's Bergs and have this massive
    WALL OF BERG. everyone can jam, hang out, drink really expensive beer, and laugh about guitar players, chick singers, and agents.

Then the following year, we'll just meet at Tom's for the WALL OF EVERY SPEAKER EVER MADE festival. :hyper:
  8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Sounds cool. I will add this mini-wall... tiny compared to Tom's! :)

P.S. I don't have enough experience with the 322 to add comments of my own. I'm sure boogiebass' description is accurate.
  9. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Hey Fuzz! Dang Dude! You're on my hero list now! Nice Rigs O' Joy you got there! Schweet!
  10. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hey, it's the Rockcity 610! The only one in existence (sp????)
  11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Sounds good to me! :p
  12. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Yep, it's a RockCity 610 all right. It's not the only one made... there was at least one more red one. But I assume it's the only one with serial #0001. :p
  13. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Yup! There was one other NV-610 in red. It was built for the NAMM show that year, and a dealer bought it.
    On the other hand Justin(the other half of Rock City) and I have the only HT/EX112 mini-stacks......in red!!!!!!
  14. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Okay, Corey, now you know that you just have to post photos of the red mini-stack! :D