1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

OLD STYLE Fender 7250-5M ... Brand New in PKG!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by tjh, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    I have been hanging onto these a long time, but have now completely made the change to flats, and part of the New Years deal with my wife is that I need to clean out all the drawers with 'guitar stuff' (sorry, her words, but she does know better) that I am not using ..

... This is a BRAND NEW, factory sealed package in shrink wrap of the old style Nickleplated Steel Roundwound SUPER BASS (3TSB Jazz/white P/G on the cover) Fender 7250M's for FIVE STRING ... .045, .065, .085, .105, .125 ... these have been sealed, and in a dresser drawer for probably more than 10+ years ... not everyone liked them, but those that did loved them ... and they dont make them anymore ... $18.50 shipped

2. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    Hey Tom, hope you're doing well.
    Definitely interested.......... What color are the silks? And are they tapered?

3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Dan, doing well up here in the north country, hope things are good for you too ... Happy New Year !!

... you know, I dont remember what color silk is, I am thinking these were black, but really dont remember, and also not sure if tapered ... I only used the 4's of these, and mispurchased this 5 string set long ago and just stuck them away .. just in case ... check your PM's buddy :)

4. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    OK ... I slit the top of the package .. these are black silk wound ... 5 string set nickel plated steel roundwounds ... I believe these are hex core, which were a tad brighter than the very mellow 7150's were ... I used these because the 7150s seemed to go dead too fast, and when these 7250's tamed down a tad they seemed to stay in that 'nice' zone for a really long time ...

5. PM sent your way

6. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    ... pending

7. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    sold and delivered, thank you

Thread Status: