1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Old Thomastik-infeld sets

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by smperry, Oct 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Edit: Received a couple of responses already, so closing this for now. Will reopen later the strings are available...

Hello,

I have an old five string set of jazz flats, that I used on a 34" scale bass and 34.5" scale bass with no problems. I don't know how much use they've had, but I've owned them for maybe 5 years, and did not have them installed most of that time. My best guess is that I used them for less than a year total, but these should be assumed to be old strings.

I have a set of Jazz Rounds for 5 string bass that I'll throw in for free. These are *really* low tension...for me, they are almost unplayable on a fretted instrument, but they make for a soft, slinky, easy playing fretless. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if this set could be tuned E-C...

I'll sell them together for $32 shipped in the US, a few bucks more shipped elsewhere. Again, these are very broken in...don't buy if you prefer your strings new. :)

Thanks!

2. The Bass Clef

The Bass Clef “the brian” Gold Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Southern California
    PM'd you, I'll take em!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.