1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade Old Violin Bow

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by bassmastan, Jun 22, 2014.

1. bassmastan

bassmastan Guest

Jun 25, 2011
    Price:
    700 USD
    Recently I stumbled upon one of my great great grandfather's violins. He was a small time maker in Carmel NY, and used very high quality woods, both local and imported.

This was his personal bow (he was a folk fiddler, and a fantastic one at that). The H 1 on the frog was a label, saying that this bow went to his violin Harriet, and it was 1 of 2 bows. The workmanship is fantastic, and when my great grandfather played it it sounded fantastic. My grandmother removed the hair after he died because she was told that leaving the hair on unplayed would ruin the bow, (also why on the violin the gut strings were cut.

Today I am only selling this bow however. I am also willing to trade for a high quality bass bow. This is extremely high grade brazilian pernambuco, and it is a late 19th early 20th century bow, with the frog being remade later.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5zih53k4y57y9vr/AABU7kqO6dJ9FqNkuz2yYZqpa

Check it out! and PM me, I would be willing to take trades and offers, and will consider all. I can ship the bow world wide too.

2. bassmastan

bassmastan Guest

Jun 25, 2011
    Please check out this bow, its fantastic and has a lot of sentiment to me. I did hear this bow played and it sounds lovely. Check it out, PM me for questions about the bow