1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

older country music songs

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by deafman, Dec 7, 2011.

1. deafman

deafman

Oct 29, 2011
    sacramento
    I looked on Mel Bay and Hal Leonard and they don't have any 1970's-1980's country music. Anyone recommend a different source?

2. Jayhawk

Jayhawk

Sep 6, 2006
    Kansas City
    I don't know specifically what you're looking for, but Country Lyrics, Tabs, Chords @ Cowboy Lyrics, Music has the chords for many country songs. There are almost no tabs on the site, and certainly no bass tabs, but with the chord changes you should be able to figure out the rest.

3. BeJay

BeJay

Nov 19, 2011
    Katy, TX
    What are you looking for?

4. deafman

deafman

Oct 29, 2011
    sacramento
    I realize Waylon fell out of popularity years before he passed away, but the songs still hold feeling for some of us. As waylon was a bass player before he played the electric guitar his songs may have some decent bass lines. Merle still tells it like it is, even if few are interested in hearing it.

5. BeJay

BeJay

Nov 19, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Waylon has a lot of fairly easy bass songs. Most are R5 with a few walks. Almost all are I,III,V or I,IV,V based.

6. germ_77

germ_77

Jul 16, 2011
    You may want to check out the book "The lost art of country bass", I picked it up a while ago from bassbooks.com and it is pretty damn good.

It is all old country based, none of whatever it is they play on the radio now for country. Sounds like something you might be interested in, shows the styles of several bassists and once you get the hang of the style you can play any song using those methods once you know the chords.