Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Older Eden cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tornadobass, Dec 30, 2004.

1. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    I've been using an SWR SM-400S and Goliath II cab for most of my gigs, and am thinking of switching to a different rig...I already have these:

* GK 700RB amp
    * Eden D210T
    * Eden D115T

Most of the Eden discussion tends to be about the XST/XLT series cabs...anybody using the older cabs (and possibly with the GK amp)? I tried the Eden D210T with the Goliath II but thought they didn't go well together...the SWR was dark and the Eden bright...hard to EQ for both. But the two Eden cabs blend together quite nicely.

BTW, most of my gigs are old school blues playing electric upright bass...we're a 4 piece band...guitar/bass/harp/drums.

2. I use a D115T and a D210T and they sound great.

3. I used to play through a 410T and an old Goliath II as well. I remember the Eden was darker sounding. Maybe just my cabs...

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i've alwasy dug the original swr goliath, the goliath 2 and the eden 410t there are cabinets that sound better and that are lighter, but you can get these workhorse cabs realtively cheap these days.

5. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I have an Eden D410T cab and it covers everything I need quite well. It's an efficient cab as well as having alright specs and power handling. It has that wooly Eden mid-range that everyone talks about. I've always enjoyed a fretless through it as well as fretted bass' with flats on them. I don't have experience with the D210T or the D115T, but I do have experience with the D215XLT which is an amazing cab that covers everything I've ever throw at it, great low end, very punchy, great responce for 15's. I've never played a upright through either of them, I'm not that confident haha! but I'm sure it would cover great.

Peace
    -Ben