1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

older epifani 2-12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    Anyones thoughts opinions? Is it very big sounding? Would a SWR SM-900 push it fine? Using a Fender Jazz 4 and a R bass 5?

2. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I had one and as a matter of fact, it's on consignment at The BassPalace.. It's a nice full range sound, I just decided to go with a Berg HT-322....

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    One of my favorite cabs! It will fill a room with just about any decent amp. An SM900 should be a killer combination if you mono-bridge. I've used it with as little as 600 watts (EA iamp600) with good results although I prefer it with about 2K (or 1950 with my Crown CE2000).

A very musical cab. Lots of bottom but still plenty of detail and quite punchy. Mine is the older horizontal model.

4. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    I actually prefer the older, side by side, configuration.

Small footprint, closer to ear level, throw it on a crate and you're in business.

I play one of the older 2x10's which is similiar and I can't say enough about it's sound and durability. It's been the most useful cab I've ever owned. You won't have any trouble getting low end out of that bad larry.