1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Older German Made Pernambucco Bow(French Frog)

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by AMJBASS, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I have a really nice German Made Pernambucco bow. It is probably from the early to mid 20th Century. French Frog(Ebony). Silver winding. The stick is on the lighter side(121g), but it grabs nicely and feels great. It is in good shape, but there has been one modification to the stick at the frog. A piece of pernambucco or similar was grafted into the pocket where the eyelet is to shorten the size of the pocket. There is wear to the leather grip and top of the stick at the frog from playing. The bow performs very well however. Comes with a leather bound hardshell bow case. I am selling it for $549 USD + shipping. PM me if interested.

Attached Files:

2. does it have a makers mark on the stick?

3. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Not that I can find. I have also had the bow looked over by Heinls in Toronto. The said it was a good stick, and put the value between $600-1000.

4. sold yet, Adrian?

5. No answer = close thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.