1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Older Mesa Diesel 4x10 cabs.....specs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MascisMan, Jun 20, 2007.

1. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Does anyone have the specs on these cabs? The rear-ported 4x10 more specifically.

What kind of speakers were used? What was the db sensitivity? Freq range?

2. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Drivers were more than likely EV's. The other stuff I wouldn't have the foggiest. Maybe have some back info on Mesa's site, or ask them.

3. realdeal

realdeal Inactive

Dec 10, 2004
    He's more than likely correct- I have a Diesel 15 and a 2x10 (in a Buster Bass wedge Combo); both are loaded with EVM's-both are awesome! I've understod that i some enclosures, Mesa used Eden drivers as well. Most likely yours are EVM's tho.
    As far as specs IIRC MESA never was big on publishing them on their enclosures; I'm not sure whether they do now on the Powerhouse series either.
    They do have excellent Customer Service, if you asked, they prolly would give it out- It's not top-secret.
    But why worry about it?
    Have you played through the cab? Did you like it??
    As long as there aren't any issues with blown speakers and such-
    Specs are for "the bench".
    MESA cabs, particularly the Diesel series, have a stellar rep (except for those who don't like them!:D )
    That's their issue! Mine are never gonna be for sale!

4. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    I wouldnt worry about the specs.

5. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Well, I have never played on one. I found one used online for a good price and don't know what to expect out of it. I was hoping some specs could atleast get me in the ballpark if I can compare it to something I am familiar with.

6. My diesel 4x10 has Eden speakers, sounds fantastic, and is heavy as all getout. Just to know I have it though makes me feel taller.

7. neatobassman

neatobassman

Jul 16, 2005
    Antelope CA
    Just get it. lol. Old mesa stuff is great.

Don't ask, just buy.

8. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Mine had Edens. IIRC, the specs were:

Awesome sounding
    Pretty heavy

Because awesome sound weighs a lot. Seriously, it's why tube amps are heavier than solid state.

In other words, another vote for "if it's not broken, buy it."

9. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Should handle 600w. There's a spec for ya.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021