1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Older model Sansamp Bass Driver question for you

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Oct 26, 2009.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I bought a Sansamp BDDI here on TB and when it arrived today I realized that it's an older model with only a phantom/ground connect slider switch. The new version also has slider switches that allow you to choose line/instrument output for the 1/4" out and the XLR.

Does the lack of the line/instrument switches mean that the XLR and 1/4" out on mine are line level or would they be instrument level?

2. Instrument level.

3. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    So, the XLR is instrument level??

4. jdb

jdb

Jun 18, 2007
    probably on the road
    endorsing artist: ampeg, dimarzio, dean markley, jim dunlop
    the xlr should be instrument (pre) level out.
    the 1/4" should be line (post) level out.
    it would act as a standard DI, xlr to P.A., 1/4 inch to amp.

5. DI (XLR) outputs are almost always mic level - anything else kinda defeats the purpose.

To act as a "standard DI" then the DI has to be mic level and the 1/4" outputs will be instrument level.

6. jdb

jdb

Jun 18, 2007
    probably on the road
    endorsing artist: ampeg, dimarzio, dean markley, jim dunlop
    still learning! i always thought the xlr out was unaffected by the "drive" portion of the bddi. i've never used that part.
    from the tech 21 page reviews;
    "Many clubs now don’t allow amplifiers on stage, which I think is extremely anti-musician. (Do they want surgeons to operate without their tools?) Nothing sounds worse than a bass simply plugged into the PA system, and the fact that the Sans Amp has an XLR output is perfect for these situations. You can plug straight into the board and custom tailor your sound to any room or PA system. It can be run off phantom power or a 9-volt battery, but I use the optional DC power supply."
    thanks niftydog! i had it backwards

7. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    That's what I was thinking!