1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Older PV Fury - made in USA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jimfriar, Jan 4, 2005.

1. I picked one of these up the other day - one of the made in USA models with the Super Ferrite p/up and the cool molded case. Man - it's a great bass - these things get overlooked all the time - but are great bargains IMHO. Its even got a cool metallic red finish. Anyone else have one ?

2. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    I have an older USA Fury with a split-p pickup. Not sure if we're talking the same thing, but that sure is a nice player. It's put together real well. I'd prefer a chunkier neck, but this slim one was great when I was starting out. I've considered doing mods just for fun like a new p'up, but that would cost more than I paid for the bass.

3. i got a green one, fantastic bass mines got 2 active soapbars though so mine might be a later one as i got it in 2002.

4. Great bass. I think those entry level U.S. made peaveys were the best basses they built. And they were cheap too. I always got the Foundation and Fury mixed up.