Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

older Rush concert DVD release updates???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mcrelly, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Hi, I was wondering what is the latest info on the rerelease of the older rush concert videos on dvd?? exit stage left, grace under pressure and show of hands??

thanks

hope its still march 7th!!!

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    update

according to a rush fan site http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/News.htm JUNE 13th will be the nearest release of all three old concerts AND a CD of the Grace Under Pressure concert....

"Rush Replay X 3: "Three vintage Rush home videos will make their DVD debut as part of the boxed set Rush Replay X 3, due June 13 via Mercury/UME. The collection will include 1982's Exit ... Stage Left, 1985's Grace Under Pressure and 1991's A Show of Hands, plus a previously unreleased audio CD version of Grace Under Pressure. As previously reported, Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson created new stereo mixes for the releases, which are presented in 5.1 Surround Sound. Tour booklets from the three concerts have also been reprinted for the set..." - Billboard.com, Apr. 5, 2006"

according to an interview with one of the restoration producers it sounds like they might have a special release of bonus Grace under Pressure material AT A LATER DATE...

3. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Right around my birthday. Should make for a nice burfday present.

And it will be nice to finally have Exit Stage Left on DVD. My original VHS version is literally over 20 years old and can't take much more!

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    +1. I can't wait til June 13th and June 30th!

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    11 days away!!!

bump!

6. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Thanx for the Bump. I was just looking at my old VHS tapes
    wondering if i should buy a VHS/DVD recorder and put them on disc. Screw that i want that Box Set.:hyper:

7. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I preordered it from amazon $28!!!

I use to have the Laserdiscs of the concerts... Exit and Grace are my two favorites, show of hands was o.k. for me...

8. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Oh dear, I've had to pre-order myself a copy!

10. Rush

Rush

May 27, 2006
    I've got to get it too!

11. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I found a good used copy of the Chronicles DVD at a local store for $10.00. I am going to pick it up today. I have the old VHS tape, but i found out that the DVD has an easter egg that show 2 videos not on the VHS version.:)

I hope the new box set has some easter eggs. :hyper:

12. Rush

Rush

May 27, 2006
    Oh it will. Even if it's something small.

These are the WHOLE performances, right? I was pissed when I found out that The Trees, By-Tor, YYZ, and other favorites didn't make it on R30. :(

13. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Mine came in the Mail Saturday. It is a very nice set. Have not had a chance to view the DVD's yet, but did listen to the Live CD of Grace Under pressure. Very nice set all in all. The mini tour books are very cool to have. I never bought those at the concerts. cause they would be trashed by the time i got home.:D