Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Older SVT 2x15" Cab Query

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bongolation, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I've been looking for a SVT-215E without a whole lot of luck. I ran a local ad and some guy replied that he had an older one in great cosmetic shape that had either Cerwin-Vega or Altec-Lansing 15"s in it for $200.

I'm having a hard time getting information from this guy about the details, but apparently these are older speakers, in which case I should imagine that they are very low-wattage, probably under 100WRMS each, right?

So...it's not really a bargain if I'm going to have to replace both speakers with something more modern to carry higher output, I'm thinking...but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know anything about these speakers? Is this cab essentially the same as the current SVT-215E?

Other thoughts are appreciated.

As always, thanks for any help.

2. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    OK, let's take this from another angle, then:

If I do get this and the speakers turn out to be older low-wattage units, what is an appropriate replacement driver and how much can I expect to pay for them?

Thanks...