1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Older woman dating younger men

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Lowner, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Lowner

Lowner

May 14, 2005
    Over Here
    i have always dated men who were older than me and I was once in a serious relationship with a man who was 13 years older than I was and we broke up for other issues that a rose not the age difference. Since then I have always dated older men. Then a friend at church fixed me up with a really great guy. But I found out I an 4 years older than him. He is 27 and I am 31. But do you think its OK for the man to be younger than the woman?

2. Basschair

Basschair .............. Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca

Sure, why not?

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    My wife is older than me.

4. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Not an issue.

If he is like most of us, his maturity age is around 13. Therefore it makes no difference if he's 27 or 41, right?

Seriously, though, go for it. It's just a number. What is most important is if you connect and there's chemistry. My parents had a 28 year age difference and they were together for 35 years.

I'm happy you found someone.

5. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle

same here

6. barthanatos

barthanatos Insert witty comment here

Feb 8, 2006
    South Carolina
    Yes, definitely okay. Not my preference, but hey.

Since you mentioned church, there is a biblical concept that applies here:
    In the Old Testament, a Jewish man was required to marry his brother's widow if his brother died without having children, and to raise up children in his brother's name. Probability dictates that this would happen more often with the older brother dying, therefore leaving a wife that was potentially older than the younger brother. Yet there's no exclusion mentioned because of age.
    This is obviously not incredibly relevant to your situation, it just shows that there were occasions where men were commanded to marry an older woman.

7. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I dated a few older women, and it was always an enjoyable diversion. ;)

8. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Forgot to mention that my wife of 19 years is 1.5 years older than me.

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

There's nothing wrong with it.;)

10. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    Older women ROCK!

They just seem to be much easier to get along with, more easygoing, make more sense, more secure...more better!

God Bless 'Em!

And God Bless YOU Lowner!

:D

Joe.

My ex-wife was more than 10 years older than me. The age difference between us had nothing to do with her now being my ex.

11. Paddy

Paddy

Apr 19, 2005
    Kent England
    My wife is 4 and a half years older than me. Makes no difference to us whatsoever.

If it feels right to you then why not?

12. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    This isn't going to turn into a MILF thread is it? :D

13. Paddy

Paddy

Apr 19, 2005
    Kent England
    Too funny :D :D :D

14. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh baby baby, baby baby, Oh baby baby

Yeah Baby!

I mean this all quite respectfully.

:D

Joe.

15. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I myself prefer older women. Older women are usually more direct, and don't play as many games. I guess they know that they ain't gettin any younger, and the time to play has come and gone. I'm 27, my GF is 30.

16. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    Four years doesn't strike me as that a big difference once at your age. However, I wouldn't approve of my daughter dating a 9 year old.

17. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Cheryl Crow is older than I am. Now that bicycle boy is out of the way, I might have a shot. Do you think my wife will give me permission?

:bag:

18. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

27 to 31 is not (IMHO) "Older", yes a 4 year age difference exists, but it is not enough to classify you as an older woman. Now 27 to say 40 or more... well that is an older woman.
    When I was 18-23 most of the women I dated were 30+ years and couple were barely 40ish. It was grand.
    Give it a whirl, you might have fun and it could work out to be good thing.

Best of Luck,
    Wesley R.

19. Paddy

Paddy

Apr 19, 2005
    Kent England
    True - I got together with Joanne when I was 21 and I suppose it was a bigger issue for her then than it was for me. With teenagers it's probably a whole different question (I don't have kids)...

20. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I think women are at their finest between the ages of 27 and 34. They look great. They're more settled. They know who they are and what they want out of life.

Women in 50's?

They don't tell.
    They don't swell.
    They're grateful as hell.

Yeah baby