Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

older Yamaha Attitude basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brake, Feb 11, 2004.

1. brake

brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I've seen some older ones on ebay that I dont think are made anymore, they only have the one Precision pickup.. does anyone know what the name of the series was? I'd really like to get one somewhere down the road..

2. The Attitude Plus only has 1 pickup like you said, but those are still made. Ive got an attitude special which isnt made any more. Its like the regular attitudes but without the neck scalloping and it only has one output, but it still has the woofer pickup.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Yep, the Attitude Plus...a really neat, and beautifully simple little bass. IIRC the nut width is mid-way between P and J. Mine had a maple fingerboard. It was a really nice bass, wonderful actually but it was the most redundant at a time I decided to downsize the stable (had like three P bass type instruments at the time). I do miss it a bit, but my Red MIM P is so nice that I don't miss it that much.

I would buy another if the urge for a bargain priced maple fingerboard equipped P Bass came over me.