1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Oldest Post By Forum

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PortlandBass77, Feb 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. twinjet

twinjet GE90-equipped Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Bring on the necroposts... :ninja:

2. There was a time when the last page of OT had a thread about the merging of a cell phone and a PDA. I haven't looked so I don't know if it still goes that far back. One of you whippersnappers can check, all time and no sense. Bah.

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I get the feeling we are about to redefine "zombie thread".

Pretty cool topic though. It'll be fun to go back and see how much things have changed since then.....and how much they haven't.

PortlandBass77 likes this.
  4. devo_stevo

devo_stevo

Aug 2, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Builder: Brumbaugh Guitarworks
    You mean this one? Whoa - convergence is cool! PDA+Phone!

A quick search for PDA on here brings up several threads about such advances. It's pretty amazing to think about how far things have advanced in the short time that talkbass has been around. Crazy.

5. ChrisB2

ChrisB2 Bass... in your fass

Feb 27, 2008
    TalkBass > Off Topic
    Where's the first "what's the best necrothread for metal" thread?

6. good question..... it'll probably take a while to find...

7. This is the oldest I could find without imploding the interwebs: What strings are best for heavy metal / Punk I'm not sure what "heavy metal punk" is though, and somehow it's a best string thread, not a best bass thread....

Here is the first "Best Bass for METAL" thread: Opinion: The best metal bass

There are 122 "best bass for metal" threads and 288 total "best_________________for metal" threads........

8. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Zombie_thread_alert.