1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Olinto P4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by clbass, Sep 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. clbass

clbass Supposing Member Gold Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, D'Addario, AccuGroove
    Price:
    Strings:
    OlintoP4_01.

The hype is true! These Olinto basses are awesome. Made by Mas Hino in NYC, this one has a very cool looking Candy Apple Red finish with a roasted maple neck and a beautiful rosewood board. It is also wearing wonderful La Bella flats and hand-wound pickups that sound amazing. But it's really the neck that makes it, 1.75" nut, 7.25" radius, C shape. This is the best classic P bass I have played, so good I am ordering a 5 from Mas. Get this one before I decide I need both!

It is in excellent condition with a few chips shown in the pictures. The rest of the paint in in great condition so I am not sure if these are light relic marks from the shop or from use. There is also a slight worn spot on the back of the neck at the 11th fret.

$2000 includes a Road Runner case with La Bella and Olinto stickers on it. Also includes the chrome covers, thumb rest and screws, COA, and extra stickers.

OlintoP4_02.
    OlintoP4_04. OlintoP4_03. OlintoP4_05. OlintoP4_06. OlintoP4_07. OlintoP4_08. OlintoP4_09.JPG OlintoP4_10.JPG OlintoP4_11.

2. wellso74

wellso74 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    nice bass! what gauge La Bellas are those?

clbass likes this.
  3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Awesome.

clbass likes this.
  4. clbass

Sep 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Thanks! The La Bella site says these are La Bella 0760M “Original 1954”, which would be .052” .073” .095” .110”

TN WOODMAN and wellso74 like this.
  5. AnthonyD23

AnthonyD23 Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Woodbridge, CT
    These bass guitars are worth every penny. Mas captures the classic p bass essence and ups the game. Awesome bass. Wish I could get this. GLWS.

clbass likes this.
  6. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    When was it made?

7. clbass

Sep 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    July 2016

basses55 likes this.