1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Olive and Eudoxa thickness.

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by THE SAW, Dec 28, 2011.

1. THE SAW

THE SAW

Sep 14, 2006
    Guys and gals:

Does anyone have the specs on the diameters (or circumference?!:confused:) of these strings? Or generally, which of the two are "thicker," assuming medium gauge for both sets.

Thanks again, this string topic can become an obsession, eh?

S.A.W.

2. davpal

davpal

May 19, 2006
    Lambertville, NJ
    Whenever I put different strings on I measure them to compare with others I've tried.... anyway I have some of the dimensions you're looking for -
    Eudoxa
    E - 0.106
    A - 0.088
    D - 0.080
    G - 0.067
    Olive
    G - 0.073

Not a complete list but it appears that the Olives are a heavier gauge however nothing should be assumed - hope this helps!

3. THE SAW

THE SAW

Sep 14, 2006
    Thanks,
    I was going to write a note to Pirastro about this. Any observations are welcome. Have a good holiday!

4. swmmojo

swmmojo Be up and doing...

The strings sticky is a great place to look for comparative information. Bassist14's link came from there.

5. THE SAW

THE SAW

Sep 14, 2006
    Thank you bassist14 for that chart-sorry if my question was asked for the 1,000,000th time!

Happy New Year!

6. swmmojo

FWIW... I didn't notice much difference in size under my fingers between the Oliv D and Eudoxa D. I do like the clarity (on my bass) of the Eudoxa D.

Happy New Year!

7. bassist14

bassist14

Oct 17, 2005
    Germany
    happy new year!

no matter what numbers are in these charts, i play olive d+g and have an eudoxa g that feels much thinner.

8. swmmojo

I have not tried an Eudoxa G but I LOVE my Oliv G.

9. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    There are quite a few string gauges on the DB Strings page at www.thebassspa.com . Data collected with the help of several TalkBass members.