1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Olivers Army - Elvis Costello

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Allighatt0r, Feb 24, 2008.

1. The band I'm in has decided they want to try this, and i've looked up a bass tab, but it's really poorly laid out and i honestly can't follow it when I'm listening to the song. The bass line is what i would probably call a jazz walking bassline, (one of the ones that never really seems to play the same riff twice) which i have never ever been good at.

Could someone please help me out and either work out the actually notes for me, or tell me how to think up the line on the spot using scales? (I've found the chords)

youtube link:
    Oliver's Army

chords link:
    Chords

Any help would be very appreciated.

2. aaaah! thanks very much. :)

just have to try and commit it to memory now :rolleyes:

3. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    I had to learn this song last year. great fun to play once you have it memorised.
    I feel its easier to play than you would think when you listen to it.
    Im pretty sure i learnt it from the tab posted in the above link. At least its a starting block.

4. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    That tab looks pretty good to me. Bruce Thomas is a really underrated player - Elvis Costello had a really hot band behind him in the Stiff days.

Hope your singer's up to the job. ;)