1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Olivo Bass Club....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by magickalpig, Mar 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Not sure if this how you start but I will dive in and you can correct me....

My bass from waaaay back..A proud Olivo holding my fretless on its birthday 38 years ago......my 3 Olivos....
    Step right up....I know of about 10 or 15 guys on here that have love for their Olivos....

chicago-expocion-de-bajos-electricos-480x520. received_964519633711229.

Jacqui Shannon likes this.
  2. Jacqui Shannon

Jacqui Shannon

Apr 15, 2018

3. Olivo has begun a limited run of new basses......updates to follow....

4. Update...Olivo has started to send me pics of 2 new basses he is making a 4 string and a 5 string.....would it be appropriate to sharre them here?

9c1ny and Rock Salad like this.
  5. Rock Salad

Rock Salad

Jun 30, 2018
    Tulsa, Ok. USA
    Yes, it would. But if you are sponsored or paid you have to tell it and pay a fee. Ok
    This is my understanding of the rules.

6. He has provided me with 2 basses a 4 string and a 5 string to use to solicit orders in North America for English speaking markets. They are not my property but I do get to play them, evaluate them and offer some insight into what types of custom options he should consider offering. We met up in US as his daughter is marrying a man from Conecticut and it was more convenient for him. They did surprise me with a second pair of basses that I have to go back for in a couple of weeks. The feel of the neck and hardware are the same as the samples but these are a new body shape that I had never seen until this past weekend. I can provide pics and regarding disclosure....I am currently doing this as a labour of love but if there is enough interest in Olivo basses in english speaking markets then I would receive a commision per bass in the future. Should I post some pics?

7. Wolfgog

Wolfgog

Dec 28, 2018
    France
    Hi everybody,
    Magickalpig is the most lucky man in the world. Improving basses created by the master... Have an Olivo (the same as your maple one on the left). The serial number is C-8. Could you give me an idea of the crafting year and value (Don't want to sell this marvel,just want an idea). Never had a bass of that quality. You don't even have to know how to play, this bass is playin for you.
    Thanks in advance and have a good day ;)

8. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northeast OH
    If the OP is an endorser, it should be disclosed on his profile and also disclosed when posting about the instruments. No fee is required unless his posting habits show that he is clearly motivated only by promotion for gain.