Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OLP bass help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shiftdpunk, Dec 6, 2001.

1. shiftdpunk

shiftdpunk Guest

Dec 2, 2001
    I've looked absolutaly everywhere and have yet to find a place that sells O.L.P. basses licensed by musicman in the color gunsmoke. I know for sure they exist because ive seen them in overpriced auctions on ebay. I want to find a place where i can buy an OLP for a decent price in the color gunsmoke. Either the 5 or 4 string model, whichever i can find first (i was undecided and decided to make that the deciding factor). If anyone knows where i can find an undamaged gunsmoke OLP i would be very very greatful

2. Guitar Center or Musicians Friend has them.

3. shiftdpunk

shiftdpunk Guest

Dec 2, 2001
    Yeah i checked musicians friend and guitar center already...they def DO NOT have gunsmoke...of course i can find the bass, but i want to try to get it in that color...and none of those vendors have websites that even aknowlege that the color gunsmoke is available on those model (olp) basses which i know they are

4. punkbassist

punkbassist Guest

Dec 3, 2001
    New Jersey
    if u really want a musicman bass dont get one of those by a warmoth p-bass built it your self pack, the body might look wierd but, just route it out for the shape of a humbucker, so you would buy a seymour duncan bass humbucker, and if you want it to be active, just buy a pre amp, and find your self a very good cutom shop near by and have the guy build it for you

5. if a shop doesn't have the colour you want.. they can always order one for you... * hint * :D