Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OLP bass questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by day2daze, Aug 17, 2002.

1. I just baught an olp bass and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about them, It sounds pretty sweet. does anyone know anything more about them?:confused:

2. I heard that OLP makes basses.

3. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    Do a search about OLP and you 'll find several post about ...

They are good looking cheap basses that sound very good for their price ...

4 strings are nice but 5 are less .... "nice" ..

Have your OLP a matching headstock and a maple fretboard ?

4. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    I played one at GC when I was looking for a decent knockoff. I liked it. I did an A-B comparison with a real MMan and it was very close. I ended up with the Essex J bass. I would definitely get an OLP. Maybe for my next bass purchase.

Glad you like yours.:D

5. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    they are officially licensed by Musicman

6. Officially licensed, yes. Made by Musicman, no. Warrantied by MM, no. Decent Stingray for the money, yes.

7. Yes the body and headstock match and the fingerboard is maple all right! why do they do that anyways?? its a 4 string too, what type of amp should i get for it, I buy a new amo for every bass i get too.

8. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    OLP Stingray's are close to the real thing but a little ways off. At the warped tour I had a chance to play both side by side as Ernieball had a little display setup with the basses running through those little KORG headphone amps. The weird thing is they had an OLP that was a green-blue type color. You can't order them anywhere... I really like the color. Anyways, they are really nice IMO. As for an amp it depends on what you want. Practice amp, Head and cab setup, etc. Ask for suggestions at the amps forum.