Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OLP MM2 or MIM Pbass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by aspire, Feb 2, 2005.

1. aspire

aspire Guest

Dec 28, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Well, I've been playing for 4 years or so now. and I'm on a really tight budget and I just need something to play with that sounds good. I will be gigging with it.

Which would you suggest?

2. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    hey!
    funny you mention that, I own both basses. When I first got the precision is was great, it felt really well built (you gotta find a good one, fender is notorious for poor quality control) but I thought I needed something more. I went and got the OLP, it was much easier to play, but I needed something more. I went back and upgraded my P, new pickups, new bridge, new pickguard, everything, and now I'm going to be buried with that bass. P bass has a huge huge aftermarket, everything you want, you can do with it. The problem is, a stingray and a precision are such different animals that the only thing you can do is play. but believe me, you can't go wrong with either bass, but if you want to upgrade either, the p bass allows you to go alot further. But yeah, totally different basses. It took me like 100 sentances to get to that point, ha.