Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OLP MM2 pickup replacment

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by oli_g313, May 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oli_g313

oli_g313

May 22, 2004
    This subject has probably been covered before, but im going to bring it up again :smug: . I own a OLP MM2 bass as im to poor to afford a musicman, i think its great for the money, but would like to replace the pickup. Ive heard the Seymour Duncan and Bartolini are the best two , or are there more? I play rock, metal and occasionly punk and jazz. Any feedback or views would be much appriciated. You can respond here or send a message to Oli_g313@hotmail.com. Thanks for your time.

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    welcome to talkbass!

Yes, this topic has been covered a bunch of times before. I'd recommend using the search function in this forum using the word olp and you'll find lots of threads discussing.

Bartolini,Seymour Duncan, Kent Armstrong, EMG all currently make 4 string MM replacement pickups. Mighty Mite also make a cheaper replacement, but IMO it's a false economy going with a pickup purely on price. Lane Poor MM pickups are IMO the best I've heard, but they're discontinued and hard/expensive to find.

There's no bad choice between the first four I mention, just a question of what sound you're looking for.

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland

Agreed and locked!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.