Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OLP MM2 pup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JacksonsMen, Feb 13, 2006.

1. could someone take the pickup out of the OLP MM2 and swap it with an origional EBMM pup?

2. hmmmm, the wheels are turning

3. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    ok, my first reply was rather brief, so here's a more detailed answer:
    on my first MM2, i replaced the pickup with a Duncan ceramic pickup wired with a 3-way switch(series/parallel/single), 500k volume, and 500k tone(i just used the stock pots). the pickup sounded great, but there was a sizeable jump in volume between the series and parallel settings. and don't ask me why, but there seems to be a diffence in sound between the stock jazz bass style wiring with a volume for each coil on the OLP's, and hard-wiring it parallel to a single volume.
    so honestly, I'd recommend just wiring any replacement with the stock parallel wiring setup V/V/T and if you want to mess with a preamp, just use an external. i've got an Aggie 924 two band that sounds great with my current olp(which is still stock).:bassist: