Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OLP MM2 question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by aspire, Mar 20, 2005.

1. aspire

aspire Guest

Dec 28, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    How would this bass sound using an overdrive/distortion pedal? Or any other type of pedal?

Also, is there anywhere in Australia where you can purchase this bass for under AUD$400-450?

Cheers

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Kind of depends on which brand petal etc, but it will sound fine.

3. pil

pil

Feb 17, 2005
    Pimlico, UK
    dont know anything about pedals - still saving for a sansamp, but if you haven't bought that bass yet, make sure you try the exact one your buying before buying it - the quality control on the pick ups is astonishingly bad!

4. OLP MM2

Musician's Warehouse sells them for under $400. That is, if you're willing to buy one without playing it first.
    They do offer free postage though. (If you spend more than $300)

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Should sound fine with most pedals.

6. sabb0

sabb0

Feb 24, 2002
    australia
    i bought an Olp mm3 from musicians warehouse 2 weeks ago for AU$443(including free freight). im really happy with it, the finish isnt 100% but im way happy for the price (i own a 4 string stingray copy "gt" and a 1979 pre eb stingray(plus a few more pro basses)) the neck isnt finished but the tone is amazing, id happily buy one again so im assuming that the mm2 will be the same, give it a go

7. aspire

aspire Guest

Dec 28, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    I wonder if a local shop would price match the Musicians Warehouse price. I should give it a try

8. warnan

warnan

Mar 1, 2004
    Shanghai,China
    why 2 volume knobs since it only has one pickup?

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The pickups is essentially two in one. You get a jazz-bass bridge-soloed pickup tone with only one on, you get a humbucker-type tone when both are on.

10. warnan

warnan

Mar 1, 2004
    Shanghai,China
    thanks tplyons and which for single coil which for both