Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OLP MM2 string spacing help please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chef, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I need to know string spacing at the pickup poles for the OLP MM2 please. Can someone who has one measure please?
    I think it will be about 17.5mm or 11/16", but I need to know so's I can order up a DarkStar to put up in the neck position;)

thx-chef

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I'm also gonna need distance from strings to the body please. As the OLP MM2 is licensed and manufactured to Ernie Ball specs, I presume these specs will be same as StingRay...so, anyone with one of those could be helpful too;)

3. StringsOf4

StringsOf4

Dec 16, 2005
    Not quite, I have an original OLP MM1 (Very first stingray-style bass they put out-no matching head stock, standard non-pearl pg, and exact EB headstock-the newer models have pointier headstocks), the pup is physically much flatter than a stingray where the pup and its poles protrude from the body quite a bit (at least the ones ive played). the bridge on a real stingray is a bit taller also, therefore, i'd imagine the neck is too. i don't currently have it with me, it is at a friend's house, but it is also the worst set-up bass in existence (just mine, not all of them, i tried to set it up myself and effed it all up)- OLP's are great basses imo. string spacing compared to a stingray i'm not sure about, off the top of my head it seems wider on OLP.