OLP MM2 string spacing help please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chef, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I need to know string spacing at the pickup poles for the OLP MM2 please. Can someone who has one measure please?
    I think it will be about 17.5mm or 11/16", but I need to know so's I can order up a DarkStar to put up in the neck position;)

thx-chef

2. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I'm also gonna need distance from strings to the body please. As the OLP MM2 is licensed and manufactured to ERnie Ball specs, I presume these specs will be same as StingRay...so, anyone with one of those could be helpful too;)

3. StringsOf4

StringsOf4

Dec 16, 2005
    Not quite, I have an original OLP MM1 (Very first stingray-style bass they put out-no matching head stock, standard non-pearl pg, and exact EB headstock-the newer models have pointier headstocks), the pup is physically much flatter than a stingray where the pup and its poles protrude from the body quite a bit (at least the ones ive played). the bridge on a real stingray is a bit taller also, therefore, i'd imagine the neck is too. i don't currently have it with me, it is at a friend's house, but it is also the worst set-up bass in existence (just mine, not all of them, i tried to set it up myself and effed it all up)- OLP's are great basses imo. string spacing compared to a stingray i'm not sure about, off the top of my head it seems wider on OLP.