OLP MM3 Neck replacement?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SlimBaixo, Sep 10, 2018.

1. SlimBaixo

SlimBaixo

Jan 23, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was withering wonanyone knew of a company that can make a neck that would fit an OLP MM3 bass. I'm looking to replace the neck and bridge to allow for wider string spacing. Last year I purchase a Fender Jazz Deluxe V MIM and just love the size and feel of that neck and wanted to see if I could get something similar for this bass . Also ,it would allow for the strings to line up with the poles on the pickup.

Attached Files:

2. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    Withering?
    Wonanyone?

3. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    The only people I know of who do a neck for an SR5 is Moses and Status. Both are graphite and both would have the same specifications as the current neck.

The only way to get a 5 string Fender spec neck on a body with the Musicman pickup is to go the Warmoth custom body route. If you did that you could easily bolt on an MIM Fender Jazz V neck.

Then there is the MIM Fender Dimension bass V H which will get you in the ballpark of the sound with the feel you like. The USA model has a slimmer neck than the MIM.

4. Axstar

Axstar Inactive

Jul 8, 2016
    Scotland.
    An aftermarket neck of any quality will cost more than the OLP did. It might be worth shopping for a new Stingray-type bass with a neck that meets your needs?

Did Fender use a similar neck on the 5er Dimension basses?

5. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    The MIM 5 string Dimension has the larger Fender neck. The American and the Squier both have the 1.75 nut, but still have 18mm spacing at the bridge.

Axstar likes this.
  6. SlimBaixo

SlimBaixo

Jan 23, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was afraid of that. Might just have to make my MIM J bass into a J/M bass.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021