Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ordos, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Ordos

Sep 13, 2003
    I have decided to buy a five string and i have spent a lot of time looking for one that fits me.

i really liked this bass (pluss i get it for 400-440usd) but the tight spacing between the strings gives little room for funk style (witch i like to play).

But then again, i will still have my old 4 string for that i guess.

What do you think? anyone have any pro/cons about this bass? please, i would like to know what you think about it.:)

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I love the OLP MM3... I was considering buying one...

It is really heavy, though... and it has one sound... its one awsome sound... but it is still ONE sound.

I played an OLP spector copy, and was totally blown away. It doesn't have the MM sound at all, but it has a much wider variety than the MM3.

So, just in case...

3. I don't know about the 5-string OLP MM copies, but the 4-string versions are really great for the price you pay them. I owned one, and actually regret I sold it. But then again, I sold it to finance my EB Stingray
  4. Ordos

Sep 13, 2003
    edit: hehe dees you posted while i was writing :p

When i was trying out the olp's i REALLY loved the 4 string. the 5 seemed strange, but that had to be becouse i have played a 5 string like... 6 times in my life? so i just figured that once i got used to it, the olp 5 had to be good compared to other 5's, just like the 4 is better then other 4's

hmm.. that confused me. hope you understood it :D

My original post:

Yeah, the Spector SB5 has also interested me, but unlike the mm3, i haven't been able to try it :( so all i have is people's word on it being good.