1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

OLP MM3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ordos, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Ordos

Ordos

Sep 13, 2003
    I have decided to buy a five string and i have spent a lot of time looking for one that fits me.

i really liked this bass (pluss i get it for 400-440usd) but the tight spacing between the strings gives little room for funk style (witch i like to play).

But then again, i will still have my old 4 string for that i guess.

What do you think? anyone have any pro/cons about this bass? please, i would like to know what you think about it.:)

http://www.olpguitars.com/guitars/mm3_5string_bass_lg.jpg

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I love the OLP MM3... I was considering buying one...

It is really heavy, though... and it has one sound... its one awsome sound... but it is still ONE sound.

I played an OLP spector copy, and was totally blown away. It doesn't have the MM sound at all, but it has a much wider variety than the MM3.

So, just in case...

Here

3. I don't know about the 5-string OLP MM copies, but the 4-string versions are really great for the price you pay them. I owned one, and actually regret I sold it. But then again, I sold it to finance my EB Stingray

4. Ordos

Ordos

Sep 13, 2003
    edit: hehe dees you posted while i was writing :p

When i was trying out the olp's i REALLY loved the 4 string. the 5 seemed strange, but that had to be becouse i have played a 5 string like... 6 times in my life? so i just figured that once i got used to it, the olp 5 had to be good compared to other 5's, just like the 4 is better then other 4's

hmm.. that confused me. hope you understood it :D

My original post:

Yeah, the Spector SB5 has also interested me, but unlike the mm3, i haven't been able to try it :( so all i have is people's word on it being good.