1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

OLP music man !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jieshi, Feb 5, 2003.

1. jieshi

jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    i'm thinking of buying a 5 string . so i was hoping for some reviews on it ?

what do u guys think of it ? nice b string ? floppy ?
    craftsmanship any good ? sounds weak ? any good or bad comments welcome thanks !

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
  3. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    First, I don't own a stingray so my review will not be bassed, yuk,yuk, on a comparison to it. Last month I traveled 80 miles to our "local" GC and played the 5 string, maple neck, natural (elm) finished version. I was very impressed with this bass in this price range $249. The neck felt substantial, a little big for my small hands, but solid. Of course it had the standard GC setup, the pits. I thought it had a workable tone, but could use an upgrade in the electronics department. Fit and finish were good. All in all I thought the bass had great bang for the buck. If I were shopping for one of these I would play as many as possible because with any production line bass there will be subtle differences.

4. jieshi

jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    hey thanks man !

5. yeah, i highly reccomend buying one. i have one and its good, only thing im going to replace is the pup and posiibly the bridge.