OLP music man !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jieshi, Feb 5, 2003.

1. jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    i'm thinking of buying a 5 string . so i was hoping for some reviews on it ?

what do u guys think of it ? nice b string ? floppy ?
    craftsmanship any good ? sounds weak ? any good or bad comments welcome thanks !
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
  3. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    First, I don't own a stingray so my review will not be bassed, yuk,yuk, on a comparison to it. Last month I traveled 80 miles to our "local" GC and played the 5 string, maple neck, natural (elm) finished version. I was very impressed with this bass in this price range $249. The neck felt substantial, a little big for my small hands, but solid. Of course it had the standard GC setup, the pits. I thought it had a workable tone, but could use an upgrade in the electronics department. Fit and finish were good. All in all I thought the bass had great bang for the buck. If I were shopping for one of these I would play as many as possible because with any production line bass there will be subtle differences.
  4. jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    hey thanks man !
  5. yeah, i highly reccomend buying one. i have one and its good, only thing im going to replace is the pup and posiibly the bridge.