Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OLP Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by darkfish01, Mar 7, 2005.

1. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    I'm quite fond of the Spector sound and body, but can't afford one! I was looking and looking for an affordable Spector and I came across this OLP. It seems very similar to the Performance series. Does anyone know anything about the OLP Spector?

2. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    OLPs can be kinda hit or miss, so if you're going for one, try a whole bunch of them out. If you can swing the scratch for a Spector Performer, go with that since, well, it's an actual Spector and likely has more consistent QC.

ASIDE: IMO, the OLP Spector looks a lot like the Warwick Rockbass Streamer Standard. http://www.warwickrockbass.com/streamerstd.htm

Not that that's anything new since the Streamer body style and the Spector body style are takes on the same Ned Steinberger design. (ASIDE: Rockbasses can be hit or miss too. Some people absolutely love them, while others say theirs fell apart in their hands.)

3. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    Can you point me in the direction of a Spector Performer I can purchase online from a (respectable) retailer?