1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

OLP Stingray neck heel dimensions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Basstovsky, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Basstovsky

Basstovsky Stuck on those 4-strings Supporting Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Massachusetts
    So I bought an OLP musicman body on ebay, just the body (routed for a battery box) pickguard and bridge, and I'm gonna be putting a good pickup and preamp in it, and probably a real bridge as well. The real question is what I'm going to get for a neck.

It's going to be a few days before I get the body, maybe more if it keeps snowing like this, and I'd like to get the neck as soon as possible, so does anyone have an OLP musicman they could measure for me?

No need to take the neck off, I just need the width at the 21st fret, width at the 17th fret, and the distance from the end of the neck to the end of the end of the neck joint (like where the body ends) in inches if possible.

I know I'm wayyyyy out on a limb here, seems to be not many people like these things, but I can't be sure the neck pocket is the same size as a real musicman (and it probably isn't!)

Thanks!

2. Basstovsky

Feb 29, 2008
    Massachusetts
    bump

3. mozonk

mozonk

Mar 28, 2011
    just traded a fretless for one, and i love it. definitely worth it.

2 1/2" at 21rst fret
    2 3/8" at 17th fret
    from end of the neck to end of end of the neck joint: 3 7/8"

4. Basstovsky

Feb 29, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thanks!

5. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Same here..w/a 4 bolt plate