1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD OLYMPIA/Tacoma OB3CE Acoustic Bass - "Import Thunderchief" - TRADED!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtlee, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtlee

jtlee Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    TRADED!

Got an Olympia by Tacoma OB3-CE for sale; identical to a Thunderchief but made overseas. In excellent condition with just one real blemish; there is a very thin sliver of wood that had been shaved off the back of the neck by the nut to first fret; looks like an encounter with a cymbal or maybe shipping damage? It was glued back down but you can still see it and feel it when you run your fingers across it. Your thumb just barely brushes it when you're in first position; I meant to have it properly filled and sanded, but I actually don't even notice it when I play, so I never bothered. There are two pics below at different angles (one with flash to make it look REALLY bad, the other without). Other than that blem, there's a small ding at the end of the headstock and some light smudges/scratches on the top (barely visible). Back and edges are perfect.

Normally see these go used for around $400 + shipping, I'll go $300 shipped in the continental US. International shipping is fine, just PM me for quote. PayPal or USPS MO is cool. No case included, but it's be double boxed and insured.

Specs:
    OB3CE
    039-1000-521
    Bass cutaway
    Spruce top
    Mahogany back/sides
    Wing soundhole
    34” scale
    Set neck
    Fishman® Classic 4 Preamp/EQ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    PMed

3. jtlee

jtlee Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Right back atcha...

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.