1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Olympia Thunderchief w/HSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jazzmonkey, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    [DEL]$350 shipped to lower 48.[/DEL] TRADED

Latestsellingpics023. Latestsellingpics036. Latestsellingpics034.
    Here is the album with more pics:
    Olympia ABG pictures by jazzzmonkey - Photobucket

This is the overseas version of the Tacoma Thunderchief.
    There is one ding on the back of the neck between the 7th and 9th frets. This can be seen in the pics. It really is in great shape aside from this.

It has fishman electronics which sound very good.

The strings are practically new DÂ’addario phosphor bronze acoustic bass guitar strings, they have only been played a maximum of 10 times, probably less. When I got the bass, it has DÂ’addario nylon tapewound strings installed. After having the bronze strings installed, I kept the tapewounds, and will include them in the sale.

When I first got this, it desperately needed fretwork. I took it to the Wooden Wizard in Fairfax station, and Larry leveled and crowned the frets, crafted and installed a bone saddle, and gave it a proper setup. Larry is an excellent tech, and used to do work for Jaco. He actually did it the same day I brought it in, and we shot the breeze in his shop for the 2 hours it took him to do the work. He really knows his stuff. It plays very well now. That was back in April/May of 2011, and the bass has spent most of its time in the HSC.

2. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    I am also lookin' for a good poweramp and mixer for a PA rig, and am willing to add cash for the right offer.

3. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    Bump

4. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    Don't see these up for sale very often. Just picked one up myself and love it! Great AEB for the money!

5. jazzmonkey

jazzmonkey

Mar 7, 2010
    N.VA
    Thanks Rich. It really is sweet, especially after the fretwork. I'm really surprised it has been here this long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.