Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Olympique Lyonnais 3 - 0 Real Madrid!! Wonderful!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by VinceLovesF, Sep 13, 2005.

1. WOW!
    I can't believe that, Lyon beat Madird 3-0!! Crazy....
    OK, Zidane was not playing as well as Ronaldo, but Madrid's team was not that bad...
    And beautiful goals made by Lyon...Oh yeah!
    I'm happy

Vince

2. Same 'ere, well chuffed with the Rangers score! :cool:

3. Oh yeah really nice game....
    And I have to agree with scottish, as I'll spend one year in Edinburgh!! :D
    But good game versus Porto...

4. No Soccer fans here?

5. That's nothing, my team (Leicester) lost 1-0 away at Cardiff the other day! :p

Great results for your teams. What do you think your chances of getting though the group are Microbass?

6. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    It´s football, not soccer :)

I´m just very happy that Liverpool won Real Betis 2-1 in Spain.
    Good start!

Next game in the CL will be against Chelse in Anfield, tough game but we´ll make it!

7. Oh yeah, I say football too, but as it is a mostly American forum, I HAVE to say soccer....
    And yes, Liverpool did it well, and I think they'll won in Chelsea...

Vince

8. I wish I got more european games over here. I still can't quite afford to go all out and pay for the channels that broadcast those games here. Though they do air occasional EPL matches here on basic tv and whatnot. At least they air our world cup qualifiers and most MLS matches.

The US national team qualified for the world cup the other week with a big win against Mexico. Nothing like beating the crap out of your arch rival to qualify :hyper:

9. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ

Try to get digital cable. Fox Soccer Channel is the bomb. oh and by the way, GO REDS

Manchester United RULES !!!!!!

10. Who do you all predict will win it this year then?

I'm going to go for Chelsea I think. Not an original choice I know, but I think they'll do it this year after being so close the past couple of seasons.

11. I think, Chelsea, Lyon, Real Madrid and Arsenal...(To me! never underestimate Real Madrid!)

12. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    VinceLovesF: It's good to see someone who hasn't lost the Arsenal faith. I think that they have some awesome players, but theyre just not working "right" this season. I don't think they have the quality to win the Champions League.

A team that does have the quality in every position is Chelsea, and I will be very suprised if they don't win.

Essien was an interesting buy from Lyon, he has alot to learn about the Premier League, but I think that he is a player of quality, and a player that I keep a close watch on.

13. Hmmm, yes, let's see, for Arsenal, you can be really right, since Vieira left, this is a whole new team....

For Chelsea, I have reserves, because they don't play as a team to me.....
    Let's see!

14. I agree on 50% of this post at least. FSC is great.

Go Blues! :p

15. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    More Love for Fox Soccer Channel.

Arsenal can not be the same without Viera, a player I love to watch.

As far as Real Madrid goes, ever notice that whatever team Zizou plays for falls apart with out him? Look under 'F' for France, and under 'R' for Real Madrid....

He's the best player of the past twenty years in my humble opinion...

16. Sturge

Sturge

Sep 10, 2005
    Liverpool, England
    Always good to see the Galacticos getting their arses kicked. Tell you what, Lyon could be a dark horse in that Champions League - Gerrard Houllier knows how to get results in Europe, as he proved when Liverpool bored their way to the UEFA Cup. Other than that - and I don't want to be obvious and go for Chelsea - I think it's gonna be either Barcelona or Juventus.