1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

OMFG has anyone seen this- One-handed bass player thread

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by lilvampboyx, Apr 21, 2006.

1. mike_mckaigg

mike_mckaigg

Dec 28, 2008
    guys like that basically void any excuse the rest of us would ever come up with. I remember hearing a bass trombonist in Ireland who had a massive, powerful tone. Then I found out later that night that he only had one lung! The guy had worked in coal mines all his life.

2. samickcuspro

samickcuspro

Nov 27, 2008
    Fender Jazz Bass

3. Ossaris

Ossaris

Mar 2, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    wow, holy s***. I need to strengthen my fingers! -picks up tennis ball-

4. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    MY first time seeing it as well... I'm still looking for my jaw.. so I have to type.............

5. sax4blues

sax4blues

Mar 7, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    I saw a local praise band a few months back and on several songs the bass player was playing keyboard with his right hand and bass lines with his left hand. Both parts were relatively basic but he was in good time and good sound. I talked with after and he is a college music major who has played several instruments all his life.

6. IAmMattay

IAmMattay

May 24, 2009
    This guy is seriously a HUGE inspiration. He proves you can do anything you want if you really want to and he's more b.a than a lot of other players. rock on! :ninja:

7. Spoonology

Spoonology

Mar 7, 2009
    Saaweeet video.

I know a guy like him, the drummer in our band has no hands, his arms stop at the shoulder and he also plays bass.

He's the best drummer I know.

8. bakjewel

bakjewel

Mar 6, 2009
    WOW

9. I can probablly do 2 or 3 bars of this before I'm too tired to even fret a string. Wouldn't like to shake his hand, either of em... ouch.

10. I remember a time when I was very young and met a neighbor of my Grandmothers named Gus. I was maybe 9 years old, but after hearing how he lost his hand, and saw his mastery of his new artificial claw ... I was impressed and he played the banjo. I sat on his porch and played a guitar with no pick since he wasn't . Was fun and did this for two summers in a row. Just a boy at that time.

11. Tylerrr51

Tylerrr51

Nov 28, 2009
    Milford, CT
    fender jazz bass?

12. TUEP

TUEP

Apr 8, 2007
    This guy proves that music knows no bounds, or limits.

13. Megalith

Megalith

Mar 1, 2010
    Absolutely TUEP, "no bounds or limits". Soul and perseverance in the face of obstacles can go a very long way. Very inspiring video.

14. Beginner Bass

Beginner Bass

Jul 8, 2009
    Round Rock, TX
    A&R, Soulless Corporation Records
    It just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

It's incredible.

15. steveTM

steveTM

Jun 5, 2010
    maybe if we all cut off one of our hands we could do that :D

16. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification

Yeah, and maybe if you lop off a testicle, you could win the Tour De France!

:scowl:

17. King Of Suede

King Of Suede

Jun 16, 2009
    Clarification? All his life he's played several instruments... at the same time? =P

Anyway, to the OP it seems like that video's been around for as long as the internet has and it's still amazing to this day

18. kosmofunkbotP

kosmofunkbotP

Nov 16, 2010
    Nashville
    im pretty sure but just double checkin....
    hes playing fretless?

19. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I am very happy to see this video for the first time today. (Sorry everyone, I don't spend very much time on the internet.) I was fortunate enough to see Bill Clements perform many years ago in Chicago with a band called KillSwitch (I believe?) It definitely boosted my determination to become a better player. Not surprisingly, the only thing I remember about the band is the bass playing.

20. Mike 257

Mike 257

Mar 8, 2011
    KCMO
    WOW ! As a brand new bass player here that is very inspiring , I have to watch that a few more times.