1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OMG I did it!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BassGirl1122, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Well, I did it! I finally got to play with a band! Last night I started out at Coyote's-they had a very good band there and a sweet bass player too (hey thanks for the drink!). Then I left to go to the Silver Bullet. I got there, and sat for awhile and then I hear the beginning to Goodbye Time by Blake Shelton come on. I look up and Jay is off the stage, looking my way and pointing to his bass. I went to him and told him "ok but I might f*!!*k up, so be prepared". He put his bass on me and I get up on stage. Now this is the FIRST time I am playing with a band but not really all that nervous! I remember saying out loud "ooooh boy, here it goes" when I started. I went thru the song without a mess up at all. Then Jay tells the band to do Wave on Wave by Pat Green. No problems there either, except in the end when I noticed that they do the end a bit different, so I had to figure it out fast, and I doubt anybody out there noticed. Afterward Rhes (my friend of 12 years and guitar/singer of the band), who was playing next to me, got to his knees and was complimenting me. Later on, when they went on their break, he came to me and said he had to shake my hand from musician to musician. He said that he honestly didn't know (and told me not to take it wrong) that I had it in me (or something like that) and that , shoot, I don't remember the exact words, but something to the point that I surprised him with the way I played. He didn't know I was "that good" or something like that.
    Funny thing is, I had on a shirt with a lot of, um, cleavage and well, uh...I almost fell out!!!!! Apparently the strap from the bass was pulling down my shirt more!! :bag:
    I wasn't a bit nervous and I loved it how the whole stage vibrated under my feet...I could feel the energy up there...I even looked at the crowd dancing and stuff, and didn't flinch! There was this one chick who walked up to the stage and looked at me and her mouth was dropped open like she was in a total shock! lol!:eek::eek::eek: I guess she recognized me as a regular but didn't know that is what I did (bass)too! lol!
    Anyways, I just thought I'd pass along this milestone. Yes, parts of it was filmed and my friend is gonna copy it for me. I can't wait...as soon as I get the video clips I will post it. :bassist::bassist:

2. ...........and the addiction has set in....welcome to our world.

BTW....There is no known cure.

3. Its gonna take off for you now, its the start of an experience that can bring you the most fun youl have in long time .

4. um, I think I stuck this in the wrong section!? ooopps! I guess my excitement, I wasn't paying attention...can someone move me to the humor/gigging section??
    and thanks for the warm welcome ya! who knows, I might do it again tonight when I go out!

5. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    got some photos????

6. rokkitt

rokkitt

Jun 7, 2007
    bronx, nyc
    congrats!

very cool story!

big al

7. Playing music in front of people is one of the greatest feeling ever. I just wish i got to do it more.

8. No, I wasn't expecting it, so I didn't bring my camera. I didn't think to hand the regular bass player my phone to snap pics. But he did film it on his phone and is supposed to burn a copy of it for me. As soon as he does that, I will post it..I might even make some video stills too...

9. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    BOOBS!

Sorry, well done. Now you've done it, you'll only be happy when you're doing it again!

10. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    You know the rules. No pics, no cleavage. ;)

11. WayneS

WayneS

Apr 9, 2007
    Virginia
    You guys are pathetic. A woman cant post here without someone screaming "BOOBS". Sad... very sad.

I would like pics, but I only want to see the bass! ;)

12. I agree....who unlocked the monkey cage again?

Selena, I hope you know there are several of us who will treat you with the respect you deserve.

:bassist:

13. lol, that would be my fault, I mentioned almost falling out of my top...I guess I said the wrong thing! haha!
    I will tell him to speed it up and getting them videos so I can make some stills.

14. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    GOOD FOR YOU! When's your next gig? ..... bet you can't wait!

Dan K.

15. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland

I think its pathetic that so many people have had their sense of humour chip disabled.

For the record, just in case you missed it, "BOOBS" was, in fact, a joke. A joke written with my girlfriend beside me, who would've forcibly removed my testicles if I had seriously asked a random girl over the internet to show me her boobs. I have no interest in seeing the breasts of a girl I've never met and in all likelihood, will never meet.

Did you just wake up one day and decide to be a boring, self righteous idiot for the rest of your days?

16. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Torrance, California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    you know the rules...gotta post video or stills!

17. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    All lies. :D

Congrats though! It's a lot of fun playing on stage.

18. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    Yeah, but Shhh! The lady is still here!

19. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    bass or gtfo, amirite.

Sounds good.

20. I wasn't at all offended about the "boob" thing :cool:...like I said, I had mentioned about almost having a wardrobe malfunction on my first time playin' with a band...so it was "asking" for it more less when I typed it...but I thought it was funny myself, and nearly DIED when I met my friend while coming off stage and she told me that my boob almost popped out! lol!