Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

OMG I JUST GOT THE FENDER 76 PBASS!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by liran, Apr 16, 2002.

1. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Words Cannot describe my joy! This bass sounds so incredible, it is just so juicy and punchy! An Incredible Bang for the buck ($675)! It is in excellent condition, all original. It is a natural finish with a maple fretboard black pickguard and i got the bridge and pickup covers! I got the original case too! I will post pics soon! YAY! LONG LIVE THE P BASS! And J bass

2. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Congratulations on your recent score. I once owned a '76 P with a maple board. That is one very solid bass.

Enjoy,
    Bones

3. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Ahh, shouldn't have sold it, man this thing is EXACTLY THE SOUND IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR. AND I BEEN RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, thanks for all of ur help.:D

4. Well I don't really have any questions....

But I'm glad to see that you're so happy! Whenever I see someone this psyched about anything, it makes me a little happier. :)

Think of it as a trickle-down happy economy.

5. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Ya man this place is great, they also threw in a fender concert series amp for my dad for 250, and it usually runs for 550! And they took 75 for me too. So long live the independent shop!

6. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Actually, I think that a lot of stuff that Fender put out in the 70's is pretty darn good. Just my personal opinion, do some of you agree?

7. The 70's basses are pretty damn good in my oppion too.

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

70s Fenders get too bad a rap IMO. Quality control became poorer during the CBS years, but that certainly does not mean all 60's Fenders are better than 70's ones, it merely means that a somewhat higher percentage of the 70's Fenders are inferior quality. I'm glad you found one of the many good ones.

I've played excellent Fenders from all decades. I especially love P-basses.... they have amazing dynamics and tone.

9. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    I like mine, 'cause it's a '69!
    :D

10. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    70's Fenders do get a bad rap!!
    I have two 70's jazz basses that are incredible basses and a 83 Precision which is the cream of my crop.
    Congrats on the 76!!! I'm sure she's a beaty!
    Post a pic when ya can.